My top 10 products of 2019
This is going to be hard for me to narrow down, I have tried so many lovely new products this year, both for personal use and my professional makeup kit.
Many I’ve done complete reviews on here too.
So here they are (with an extra few mentions at the bottom) any of these products would be lovely as gifts for your loved ones.
1. Nars long wear radiant foundation. I took a risk with this one, purely based on review, I bought some shades online for my kit when I needed to replenish my foundations. I’m obsessed, it’s a dream to apply, beautiful on all my clients and photographs look stunning.
2. Garnier micellear cleanser wash. This was a random purchase when I was home in Dublin. I will be stocking it up, that’s for sure! I’m a fan of a face wash in the shower every night. I do like a good skin care routine, don’t get me wrong but sometimes (most of the time these days) you just need one thing to do the job in a hurry and when I’m wrecked at night, a tiny bit of this takes all my makeup off and leaves my skin squeaky clean.
3. Max Factor brow pencil. Ran out of my usual kit brow products, had no time to go to the MAC store… ran in to the chemist, got these in every shade. Excellent! Will be using from now on.
4. Soap and glory brow pencil. Again, I bought this for myself based on a review out of curiosity. I really love it now and it’s all I’ve been using on myself.
5. The ordinary glycolic acid – I use this as a toner in the evenings 2-3 times per week. The glow after is enough to convince you that it does its job! Getting rid of dead skin cells and renewing your skin plus it’s a steal, under €10. My tip with this is: in winter time, use it before your makeup routine for a night out and your skin will look fabulous! (Not during day time though as it increases sun sensitivity)
6. The ordinary Rose hip oil – I use this every night as my night oil, it hydrates the skin, evens texture and the look of dehydration. A gorgeous product.
7. Uriage Eau Thermale water spray – I’ve recently raved about this in a previous post and I’m still using it both professionally and personally.
8. Charlotte tilbury magic away concealer – I love a handful of concealers and this year, this one has been the one I’ve used only! Conceals and brightens without caking or looking heavy. Win!
9. Revlon colour stay foundation – this is great for everyday, especially if you like a nice bit of coverage. Thinly spreads but covers very well and really does last until you’re taking it off. Even great for summer.
10. 10. MAC Kohl pencil in “costa riche” literally all you need for a gorgeous quick eye look any time of year! Scribble all over the lid and smudge and blend until your heart is content. Effortless. Gorgeous.
I couldn’t decide between my Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood flawless filter and the Beauty Base from the sculpted by Aimee Connolly line. I’m loving both these equally, I definitely use the flawless filter for more pin point highlighting and the beauty base as just that, a base. It’s really fantastic!
Wishing you all and amazing Christmas and a Happy New Year xx