Florina Silvio shares some Pakistani recipes with us
Namak Paray is a savory fried dough served as an appetiser before the meal or as a tea time snack after the meal.
2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp nigella seeds
3tbsp melted butter
water to knead into a smooth dough
oil for deep frying
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add 3tbsp butter and water bit by bit. Knead into a smooth dough
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. Roll out one at a time, into a flat 2mm thick dough.
- Take a sharp knife or pizza cutter and cut it in diagonals to make diamond shapes.
- Deep fry dough in hot oil for 6-7minutes till golden brown.
- Remove from oil, drain on a paper towel