This great barley and feta salad is a vegetarian meal in itself or works just as well as a side dish.
- 200g pearl barley
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, chopped into cubes
- 100g black olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 large handful parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only
- Salt and pepper
- Handful pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Boil the barley in salted water until tender, approx. 20 mins.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, olives and garlic and mix well.
- Add the chilli, coriander and parsley and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with pumpkin seeds.