A great way to refresh leftover roast chicken. Simply whip up the sauce and add to the chicken in a pan. Allow it to cool completely before you assemble.
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 400g minced chicken
- 1 tin water chestnuts, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Sticky rice
- Large lettuce – leaves separated
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin, soy, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat some oil and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and the ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the minced chicken and brown on all sides and almost cooked through.
- Add the reserved sauce and cook for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced.
- Add the water chestnuts and spring onions and stir through.
- Separate the leaves from the lettuce and place a tbsp of rice in the centre.
- Top the chicken lettuce cups with a tbsp of chicken mix and garnish with extra spring onions, chilli and coriander.
For more dining al desk recipes see here