Chicken, Strawberry and Ġbejna salad
Roast chicken is a great Sunday meal and what’s more is that the leftovers are so versatile with options like pies, soups or salads. This chicken salad with local strawberries, which are absolutely delicious at this time of year, local ġbejna and farro make a perfect office lunch.
- 50g farro
- 1 chicken leg, cooked and meat removed from the bone
- ½ stick celery
- A few slices cucumber
- Handful walnuts
- 5 strawberries
- Large handful mixed salad leaves
- ½ ġbejna (peppered)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ clove garlic
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the farro in salted water for approx. 7 mins or as per instructions on the packet.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the chicken, celery, cucumber, walnuts and strawberries.
- Add the farro and mix well.
- Drizzle over the dressing and mix, making sure everything is coated.
- Place some mixed salad leaves onto a plate and top with the chicken mixture.
- Crumble the ġbejna over the top and serve.