Sumac, a Middle Eastern spice, gives the sauce to these turkey and courgette meatballs a little kick. PPut them in a wrap or simply serve with rice and you have a perfectly balanced meal.
- 500g minced turkey
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated
- 40g spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
Sumac Sour Cream
- 100g sour cream
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sumac
- Salt and pepper
Make the sour cream sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl, then set aside
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make the meatballs.
- Divide into approx. 18 balls, weighing approx. 45g each.
- Pour enough flavourless oil into a pan so that it is completely covered with approx.
- 2mm oil.
- Sear the meatballs, turning over so that they brown on all sides, approx. 4 mins.
- Carefully transfer to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place in the oven for 5-7 mins until just cooked through.
- Serve with sour cream sauce, rice, a green salad or in a wrap.