This Za’atar Roasted Aubergines with Lentils and Tahini Dressing is a really easy dish to prepare, making it a great mid-week meal. Completely vegetarian (vegan if you leave out the Greek yoghurt in the dressing), this is great for meat-free Mondays or any day of the week you feel like going lighter. They are beautiful cold, so they make a great addition to any lunchbox
• 100g puy lentils
• 1 large aubergine
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 tbsp za’atar
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• ½ red onion, finely diced
• 2 tbsp raisins
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• Handful parsley, roughly chopped
• Handful dill, roughly chopped
• ¼ pomegranate, seeds only
• 1 tub Greek yoghurt (175ml)
• 2 tbsp tahini
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• ½ lemon, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 220°
2. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix with a whisk. Set aside.
3. Place the finely diced onion and the raisins into a small bowl with the vinegar and allow to marinate until the aubergines cook.
4. Boil the puy lentils in salted boiling water for 20 mins until tender, drain and allow to cool.
5. In the meantime, cut the aubergines into large wedges.
6. Toss is za’atar, olive oil, salt and pepper and place into a baking tray.
7. Smash the garlic cloves, leaving them in their skin and add to the baking tray.
8. Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins until tender.
9. Remove from the oven and add the lentils and the onion mixture to the baking tray and toss.
10. Add the chopped herbs and mix.
11. Divide into serving plates, top with pomegranate seeds and tahini dressing and serve.
Find more Dining al Desko recipes here