Emirates is offering more than ever for families travelling with youngsters with new figures showing the award winning airline carried over two million children last year.
Even before departure, complimentary baby strollers and changing tables are available within Emirates’ dedicated Terminal 3 and there are play areas equipped toys within Emirates’ exclusive lounges. Priority boarding is provided to families with young children.
But it’s on board when the real fun starts. The dedicated children’s channels on the popular ice entertainment system brings an array of cartoons, interactive games, podcasts and CDs.
There are currently more than 60 children’s movies on ice, including the entire Harry Potter series, a whole section dedicated to Disney Classics, plus over 20 dedicated children’s television channels including CBeebies, Disney Junior, Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. The young ones can also immerse themselves in hours of the very best music, such as One Direction, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.
On board, young flyers can meet AirBoe and Oggie, amongst the new cuddly monsters and explore activity-filled backpacks, all provided on a complimentary basis. Aircraft also carry kids’ favourite meals, as well as vegetarian options.
Emirates recognises that loyalty is essential amongst its younger customers too so children even have their own frequent flyer programme called Skysurfers. Miles can be exchanged for free flights, toys, books and entry to attractions in Dubai.
For those more interested in the operational side of the adventure, children can watch the Airshow channel to see a pilot’s view of take-off and landing, while following the aircraft’s progress across the globe. Click here to see a little Emirates’ magic.
Emirates Holiday’s, meanwhile, is well equipped to deal with families with specially-tailored packages. Many of the hotels available through Emirates Holidays offer kids’ and teens’ clubs.
Perks for kids travelling with Emirates
· Meals for children (two to 12 years) and babies are available
· Exclusive children’s magazine called Fly With Me Monster – My Monster Magazine
· Fly with Me Monsters toys with blankets, Sketchers and seatbelt critters
· Brightly coloured children’s headsets
· Wide range of children’s movies, TV and interactive games on ice
· Quiksilver wallets, travel journals, backpacks, cooler bags, storybooks and eye masks
· Priority boarding and a complimentary stroller service at Dubai International airport
· Children’s facilities in the airport lounges
· Skysurfers membership with Emirates Skywards
Kids’ content on ice
· 10+ new children’s films next month
· 50 Disney Classic movies
· Four fully branded children’s television channels; CBeebies, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network
· 20+ children’s channels