Home made frozen treats
You can be as creative as you want and realise you can freeze and make deserts and treats out of so much you already have at home.
What you will need:
- Ice pop molds found in all home stores and supermarkets
- Ice cream scoop
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Other fruits of choice
- Sprinkles and edible decoration is optional but very cute
I love this idea! It’s basically getting a few frozen bananas and other frozen fruits of choice like strawberries and blending to the consistency of ice cream. The kids won’t even know they’re eating healthy snacks! You can add some nutella, a drop of vanilla or any combination you like, really. A great way to use up over ripe bananas too.
Serve in little scoops or a cone.
A popular one in all the Mammy food blogs, this is also very easy to make.
You’ll want some Greek yoghurt, about 500grams and fruits of choice… berries being a favourite as well as some granola or oats and couple of tablespoons of honey to your sweetness to mix with the yoghurt.
Smooth your yoghurt mix on to a baking sheet on a baking tray, dot the berries on top and sprinkle your granola or oats for added crunch.
Freeze for a few hours then roughly chop it up for a handy and tasty snack.
Ice pops & frozen yoghurt pops
Here’s where you’ll need your popsicle molds
You can blend up whatever combinations you like and pour them in to the molds and have tasty frozen treats in a few hours.
Here are my favourite 5 blender combos
- Milk, honey,bananas and strawberries
- Yoghurt, Nutella and banana with peanut butter
- Coconut milk, mango and pineapple (add Bacardi for the adults to create a pina colada slushy!)
- Peaches, Greek yoghurt, a dash of double cream and honey
- Fresh squeezed orange juice, raspberries and blackberries