If there’s one treat I associate with a kids party, it’s chocolate Rice Krispie cakes! possibly the easiest things to make and are guaranteed to be enjoyed by adults and kids.
If you’ve never tried them before, definitely give them a go and even let your child get involved in the process… up to you who gets to lick the spoon!
What you will need:
1. Box of Rice Krispies
2. Cooking chocolate (I use Novi)
3. Knob of Kerrygold butter (optional but do it)
5. Heat safe bowl
6. Wooden spoon
7. Cup cake cases
You won’t need to measure anything for these.
– Add warm water (half way) to a pot and place on a medium heat with the heat proof bowl resting on top of the pot
– Add the chocolate to the bowl with a knob of butter
– Stir until chocolate is fully melted
– Remove bowl from the pot and gradually stir in Rice Krispies until chocolate is covering the cereal
– Spoon in to cupcake cases and let set at room temperature for a few hours before sealing in an airtight container.
There are many variations of this classic for example, you can add marshmallows to the chocolate for a stickier and sweeter consistency and garnish with sprinkles… I kept mine simple because of the age group of kiddies we had at my sons birthday party
When I was a kid, my mam would always leave some in the bowl for me to eat before it set. AMAZING… ah the small things!