Am I doing it right? How long should I be doing this for? Why can’t my mind stop thinking?
If you are new to meditation, or have not found the right technique for you, these are probably a few of the many questions you are asking yourself. The truth is, for many people, successfully meditating has involved letting go of the need to do it so well, and moving away from the idea that in order to meditate, we must clear our mind.. when in reality, it is so much easier to fill it. Number meditation, the technique we teach at Sanya, is just that.
Nobody can actually empty their mind. The goal is to detach from all mental noise, and stop trying to control our thoughts, by focusing on something specific (in this case, a number).
Learn to Meditate Class – Wednesday 21st November – 7.30pm – 8.45pm
€12 or Sanya Yoga Pack
This class will give you:
– Brief intro into basic meditation philosophy
– Preparatory exercises to help prepare your mind
– Tried and tested meditation technique
– Tips to help make meditating easier
– Power of the group to deepen your experience
Meditation Retreat (1day) – Sunday 25th November – 8.30am – 5.30pm
9.00am – Basic yoga – Pranayama (breathing) & Meditation
10.30am – Snack
11.00am – Tea ceremony
12.45pm – Organic Lunch
3.00pm – Meditation Philosophy and Tips & Tricks
4.30pm – Yoga Nidra Relaxation Class
What you will get from the day
– A well structured technique of meditation that can be used as a 5 minute or 40min practice.
– Basic understanding of the philosophy behind meditation
– Understanding how to live your life to make meditating easier
– An experience of connection and inner peace
– An experience of deep relaxation
– All your meditation questions answered