By showcasing this beloved pastry classic MCA are able to demonstrate a number of fundamental pastry techniques that are important parts of any home bakers culinary repertoire. Shortcrust pie dough recipe is both tender and flaky and can be adapted to both sweet and savoury applications. The sharp, rich lemon curd makes the perfect filling to this wonderful pie but performs just as well spread over your favourite pastry. Meringues are used in a multitude of pastry recipes from pavlovas to macarons and our chef instructors will share their knowledge with you to be able to prepare a perfectly crisp shards each time.
During the session you’ll learn how to:
* Combine ingredients to form a shortcrust pie dough
* Roll out and bake the perfect pastry base
* Prepare a vibrant lemon curd
* Understand the science behind different kinds of meringues
* Cook a crisp yet light meringue
* Bring the above techniques together to create a stunning lemon meringue pie
* Apply kitchen professionalism: timing, cleanliness and organisation
Regardless of what we’re cooking, you don’t have to worry about a thing as we’ll provide all the recipes, tools and ingredients you need for the session. All we ask is that you turn up on time so we can all get started together! Once the cooking is over and your culinary creation is cooling down dig into a slice of one made by our chefs using the same recipe and share the fruits of your labour prepared in class with your family and friends.
Dates: Feb 8, 2020 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm