As from 18th June from 17.00hrs car park at the end of the Granaries (in front of Catholic Institute) will be closed. Furthermore, St Publius Street, which is the road leading to the Catholic Institute and Pope John XXXIII (the side street between the Institute and garden) are to be closed and clear of cars from the 21st June from 15.00hrs until the 28th June at midnight. The end of St Publius street beyond the Catholic Institute towards the petrol station will be cleared and closed from June 24th from 05.00hrs onwards
On the day of the concert 26th June:
· No parking will be allowed in Triq Sarria and in front of the St Publius Church, in St Publius Street and the surrounding streets of Triq l-Isqof Caruana, Triq id-Dejqa and J.Lopez with effect from 05.00hrs.
· Triq Sarria will be closed to traffic and buses until Thursday 27th June till noon.
· In addition the car park next to the Phoenicia hotel will be cleared and closed to the public from 13.00hrs.
· Coaches can drop off patrons to the concert near APS bank is St Anne St (near the fountain) and move on to park at Horn’s Ditch (near SPCA) from where they will also load the return trip.
· As every year there will be a dedicated area for special needs patrons, the drop off point is at the Independence Monument at the end of The Mall. Access will be allowed through Sarria St. The area can host 50 people including the persons accompanying, it is planned for maximum of one person per each special needs individual. It is advised to plan to arrive early to avoid traffic and disappointment as spaces are on first come first served basis. It is also suggested to organise group travel.
Special Arriva Routes for Isle of MTV – Malta Special 2013
N13 Msida – Sliema – St Julians (Paceville)
X90 Paola – Fgura – Żabbar – Marsaskala
X80 Marsa – Paola – Tarxien – Żejtun – Ghaxaq – Marsaxlokk – Birżebbuġa
X40 Msida – Birkirkara (Valley Rd) – Lija – Mosta – Mġarr (on request)
X20 Pietà – Msida – Gżira (Rue D’Argens) – Mrabat – San Ġwann – Kappara
X30 Msida Heights – Swatar (bypass) – Iklin – Naxxar – Għargħur – Mosta – Burmarrad – Buġibba
X41 Mosta – St Paul’s Bay – Xemxija – Mellieħa – Ċirkewwa
X50 Ħamrun – Fleur de Lys – Attard – Rabat – Mtarfa (on request) – Dingli
X60 Ħamrun – Marsa – Qormi – Żebbuġ – Siġġiewi (on request)
X10 Senglea – Cospicua – Vittoriosa – Kalkara – Xagħra (on request)
X70 Luqa – Kirkop – Safi – Żurrieq – Mqabba – Qrendi
The cost for the Isle of MTV special bus service will be €3. The special day ticket will allow travel on all Arriva Malta services during the day, and remain valid for the trip back home following the event and can be purchased from all Arriva ticket booths (Valletta, Sliema, Bugibba and Malta International Airport) and as listed online at arriva.com.mt/mtv.
Following the event the special Arriva MTV bus service will operate between midnight and 0200hrs, when the last buses leave the station.