I recently participated in a quiz night where one of the questions mentioned golden syrup. I’ve been obsessed ever since!
Makes 12 cookies
60g golden syrup
30g unsalted butter
60g wholemeal self raising flour
50g chopped almonds
20g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease Non-Stick Oven Trays.
- Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Sift the flour and lightly beat into the mixture then fold in chopped almonds.
- Place small spoonful’s of the mixture onto the oven trays, allowing plenty of room for them to spread (6 spoonful’s per tray).
- Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to firm slightly before transferring onto a wire rack