Smile With Your Eyes
Seen as we have to hide our beautiful smiles with masks, why not try be adventurous with your eye makeup this summer? there are plenty of looks to experiment with, from Smokey to barely there or cat flicks with liner.
As Tyra Banks says – Smize! And what better time to smile with your eyes!
I’ve put together a step by step of an uncomplicated look, pictured below, that is long lasting and suits all eye shapes. It’s a soft smudged liner look, that when mastered will take you a couple of minutes! It’s the kind of look that ticks all the boxes but in a very easy way… you’ve got definition and a soft blend while at the same time creating a brightening effect.
- A sharpened long wearing soft pencil in a shade of your choice. For my look I chose “the cats meow” by MAC
- A neutral eye shadow. I chose “brule” by MAC
- An eye shadow to compliment the liner. I used “soft brown” by MAC
- Mascara – I used extended play by MAC
- White/light eye pencil. I used chroma pencil in nc15/20 by MAC
- Brow mascara. I used beguile from MAC
- Prime your lids by tracing along your lash line (thickening at outer corner)with the long lasting pencil and blending it with your finger or brush up to the crease of the eye. This will not only make your product last longer but create a base that will intensify whatever shadow you choose on top.
- Sweep neutral shadow over the brow bone for a subtle highlight
- Brush brow mascara through your eye brows to groom and define. I like to brush the hairs up first and then out towards brow tail.
- Take your shadow and blend toward the crease in small circular motions, softening and tapering at the crease.
- Apply light pencil to water line to create an illusion of brightness around the eyes
- Lash on the mascara and hello sultry, sexy eyes!
You can really play around with colour here and totally personalise it. By using the the techniques I explained, you will have a gorgeous go to look.
Try using moss greens or burgundy’s instead of black and brown for example.
Happy face painting!