There is something about roasted veggies that is so comforting in the winter.
- 200g Jerusalem artichokes, roasted
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- ¼ cauliflower, roasted
- Pecorino shavings
- 1 sprig thyme
- Cayenne pepper
- Cut the Jerusalem artichokes in half and scoop out all the soft flesh.
- Place in a bowl and mash together with the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the pita bread and cut into triangles.
- Spread the Jerusalem artichoke spread onto the pita.
- Top with Pecorino shavings and a piece of roasted cauliflower.
- Add the sprigs of fresh thyme and sprinkle with cayenne pepper or chilli flakes.