Packing is stressful enough without the added nuisance of making sure you have the right amount of ml’s in your cosmetic liquids.
Some airports differ from one and other also, for example, in Malta they let me through security with my hand sanitiser freely in my hand bag, only for it to be thrown out when I had to connect a flight in Liverpool because it wasn’t in a clear bag, so it’s good to know the restrictions and expectations from your different destinations and this information is usually easily accessed through the airports website.
Below are my tips for hassle free beauty packing.
1. Always check the airports restrictions
2. Stock up on travel size containers, you don’t have to break the bank here and buy all the travel size versions of your favourite products. Flying Tiger in Paola and Sliema have great options for a couple of euro.
3. Most beauty salons and pharmacies always throw in a couple of samples when you make a purchase, so instead of forgetting about them, throw them in a jar, it won’t be long filling up! Then next time you’re off on your travels, you’ll have a little stash to choose from.
4. Eye liner pencils are great for throwing in your bag and using as eyeshadows and your lippie can double up as a cream blush too!
5. Invest in an all in one Pallette that will see you through an entire look.
My on board cosmetic essentials are:
1. Face wipes
2. Hand sanitizer/wipes
3. Avene thermal spring water spray mini
4. Hand cream
6. Lip balm
It’s good to keep hydrated on a flight as the air can really dry out your skin, so having the above will help to keep the dryest areas nice and supple.
Only bring what you really need, let’s be real, do you really need a case of makeup on your relaxing trip? Chances are you’ll use the bare minimum, if even. So pack your essentials and have an amazing holiday!