Save your favourite tight trousers with this Trousers To Skirt tutorial by Shannon Grech Studio.
Watch the video and keep these instructions to hand for quick reference.
Also works on wide trousers that may be too short or you’ve just gone off!
1. Undo the inner seam of both legs completely
2. Lay so that the inner seam of both fronts is together and pin.
3. Take out crotch curve. Start at the straight of the waist and blend into the previous seam allowance.
4. Sew using straight stitch
5. Cut excess fabric from the crotch area.
Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 with the back seams. Add a vent front and / or back if originally very tight trousers or as desired.
5. Finish edges and hem to required length.
And voila! You now have a wearable item of unique clothing!
With thanks to JP Gatt for filming, Carol’Ann Houdart for editing and Kim Farrugia for make up and humour.