I’m always trying new sun creams for my face and love reviewing them. My latest favourite is the Vichy Ideal Soleil Mattifying Face Dry Touch Sun Cream Spf 50.
What I love
- it’s light weight
- Doesn’t clog my pores
- Leaves a satin powder finish on the skin so no greasy face
- Has no scent
- Beautiful under makeup
- Passed the beach day test
- No sunburn
- Spreads and absorbs really well
- Ideal for damp climates
I had a sample of this a few weeks ago and bought the full size as soon as it finished.
Normally I have a daily spf and one for the beach or pool but I love this for both which is great.
It’s around €18 so a good price point for a good cream.
I really love how quickly you can apply it and just be done. If you’re a daily spf wearer, you’ll know they can be tricky for everyday or when you are in a rush waiting for it to absorb.
What to think about when judging if an spf is right for you.
- go for uva and uvb protection
- Does it feel heavy on the skin?
- Does it work? (obviously)
- Does your skin feel irritated when applied?
- Is it working well with my other skin care?
- Ask for a sample
Even lightweight sun creams pack a good coverage on the skin and are very long lasting so with this in mind, when you are cleansing your skin, a double cleanse is what you need and an oil or balm will help break down the product. Keep this in mind to avoid build up of product and subsequent break outs.