Finding cartoons that kids love, watching educational videos, listening to nursery rhymes, answering all kinds of questions about maths, science or nature – all this has never been as easy as with YouTube Kids, now available also in Malta. It is now easier to find videos that kids like and can safely watch while giving parents simple tools to handpick channels and limit watchtime, so their children can enjoy YouTube Kids in a family-friendly way.
Top five YouTube Kids features:
1. Family-friendly content: We created the YouTube Kids app with families in mind. The YouTube Kids app has a family-friendly environment where children can unleash their curiosity and imagination through channels and playlists organized into four categories: Emissions, Music, Learn, and Discover.
2. User friendly: Larger images, colourful design and clearly visible icons make it easy for the little ones to use the app. When parents open the app for the first time, they learn how YouTube Kids filters and recommends content.
3. Parent approved content: We have included a variety of features in the app that can help parents control their children’s experience the ‘approved content’ mode allows parents to specifically select individual videos and channels to make available to their child in the app. If parents would like to handpick what content their children are able to watch within the app, or certain videos or channels they would like to exclude – this is easy to control. Parents can choose whether or not to enable search mode.
4. Screen time: With its integrated timer, parents can easily limit the viewing time for their children – for example by limiting a session to 30 minutes. The application will notify the child once his session is over.
5. Partner Collections: Children can enjoy collections of trusted channels on a variety of topics ranging from arts and crafts to music, sports, learning and much more. Parents can easily select which of these collections and topics they want their children to access.
One can download the app through Google Play and Apple Store.